Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mama Mia Mamaia!!!!

Ok my emotions are all over the place since in Romania, sometimes I am happy, sometimes down and out, so excuse me if you are reading alone at home and are like wow he has a dual personality. I am not sure if its the length of travel now in the 6th week and 15th country, or could be being alone.. Right now in Mamaia Beach, which is just north of Constanta, Romania. Its the best resort on the black sea and while its very nice and offers something for everyone, it is hard to get to, I dont see many americans flying into the hell known as Bucharest, and then going on a train for 4hrs just for the beach.. But if you like tons of pretty topless girls in thongs, then this might be for you. I must say I am again not a beach person, and the times I have traveled to places overseas for beaches I have been disappointed. Punta Del Este, Uruguay was not all it was cracked up to me, the waves were high, the water cold and dirty.. Yet here the water is calm, not by any means caribbean clean, but the town is nice.. Any place in the summer with an ice skating rink, is a cool place. Also a water park for the kids, a full carnival type of theme area for the kiddies.

The nightlife is great here. Went out both nights so far and had fun, managed to meet some romanian people and talk to them and learn about life. the Music is so-so, alot of romanian pop tunes, so its sad when I get excited to hear Pussycat Dolls, Ja Rule/Ashanti.. did hear Prince Kiss last night, so you know that was great, but the DJ cut it off after 2 minutes, so no tip for him. The place I went to Megalot Club is just HUGE, like 3 levels, tons of areas, lots of people. When i get to a place with decent internet i'll upload some pictures cause the girls were out of control, the shortest skirts/shorts that you have ever seen, its almost like why even wear clothes.. Which in fact they dont really, anyone who has ever been to a European beach knows that most women go topless. I must say for an american its still a bit of culture shock, to be lying on the beach and 2 guys and a girl show up and within 5 minutes the girl is in a thong, topless.. in the states people pay good money to see that at a strip club.. here just come to the beach.. While at the same time as many nice butts and breasts you see, there are the old fat men in banana hammocks, the old huge ladies in thongs.. and most sad of all lots of young, i mean like 6 or 7 year old girls in thongs and topless.. i didnt know they made thongs for that age.. Is there an miniumum age for being topless, i think so and it shouldnt be when you are developing.. I understand letting your little babies run around nekkid at the beach that is kinda cute, but when you are 12 or 13 and just developing you need to be covered up..

Anyway today is a travel day, with a bus ride to what I hear is a better black sea resort in Varna, Bulgaria. I have read in my book horror stories about Bulgarian border crossings, so lets hope it works out. Thankfully I am back to staying in Hostels, so feeling like I am paying alot of money and not even having a room with a proper shower is in the past.. now if the place is not that great I realize hey I am only paying 10 euros, dont complain.. Alright only 10 minutes left at this internet cafe. I would hit the beach one more day, but its cloudy and overcast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»